Prep time: 5 minutes - Cook time: 2-3 minutes per pancake - Serves: Makes 10 small pancakes
Savoury pancakes with avocado and smoked salmon
This dish is: Egg free • Nut free • Soya free • contains wheat
Each portion contains:
- Cut each pancake in half to make it easier to eat with the fingers.
- Swap the flour for a wheat free/gluten free alternative (e.g. buckwheat flour, rice flour) to make wheat free/gluten free pancakes.
- For a sweet version drizzle each pancake with a little honey or agave syrup and a squeeze of lemon juice, or fill with a little mashed banana and roll up.
- These pancakes freeze well for up to one month when wrapped in foil.
- 125g plain flour
- 300ml of Aptamil Pepti, cooled
- A little vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2–3 slices smoked salmon
- A little lemon juice
- Prepare formula as per instructions on pack.
- Tip the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually add the formula, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon to make a smooth thin batter.
- Heat a little oil into a small non-stick frying pan.
- When oil is hot pour a large tablespoon of mixture into the pan, swirling the pan to make a pancake about 12cm across. Cook for around 1 minute until the pancake has turned creamy coloured with no raw batter visible, then flip over using a palette knife and cook for a further minute until golden. Slide onto a flat plate while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- Mash up the avocado, then cover each pancake with a small slice of smoked salmon, spread with a little avocado and a drizzle of lemon juice, then roll up and serve.
Get the full recipe cookbook
Download our pregnancy recipe cookbook to have every recipe in one easy place.