Prep time: 5-10 minutes, plus cooling time - Cook time: 10 minutes - Serves: Makes 12 fingers
This dish is: Soya free . Egg free . Wheat free . Gluten free . Nut free
Each portion contains:
- Can be served as a side dish, a snack, at a picnic or with a dip.
- Make a quick dip to serve with the fingers by blitzing a 400g tin of cannellini beans, a couple of chopped ripe tomatoes and a little chopped red pepper.
- 200ml Aptamil Pepti
- 50g polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs or oregano
- Prepare the formula as per instructions on pack. Heat the formula in a pan, stir in the polenta, then cook, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Spoon the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper and spread to an 18cm square. Leave to cool completely, about 2 hours (or overnight if more convenient).
- When cold use a sharp knife to cut into eight one way and in half the other to make 16 small rectangles.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the herbs.
- Fry the polenta chips until golden on both sides, then stir in the garlic and cook gently for a couple of minutes taking care not to burn it.
- Tip the chips onto kitchen paper to drain.
- Delicious hot or cold.
Get the full recipe cookbook
Download our pregnancy recipe cookbook to have every recipe in one easy place.