Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: 50 minutes - Serves: 4
This dish is: Soya free • Egg free • Nut free
Each portion contains:
- This dish can be made wheat and gluten free by replacing the pasta and flour with a WF/GF alternative.
- Make double quantity of the bolognese and freeze in portions for up to one month to save time later.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 250g beef, lamb, pork or soya mince, or cooked brown lentils
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2–3 button mushrooms (optional), finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- Good pinch of oregano or mixed herbs
- 50g pasta, such as fusilli or any other small shapes, or spaghetti broken into short lengths
- 250ml Aptamil Pepti
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and mince (or soya mince) and cook until brown, stirring all the time to break up the mince.
- Add the red pepper, mushrooms, if using, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and herbs and stir well. Add the lentils now if using.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 45 mins until the mince is tender. If using cooked lentils reduce the 1 hour cooking time to 20 mins.
- Whilst bolognese is cooking prepare formula as per instructions on pack.
- Put the pasta and formula in a pan and simmer on a very low heat stirring occasionally until the pasta has absorbed all the formula, this takes 20–30 minutes.
- When ready spoon the pasta and bolognese into a small bowl and serve.
Get the full recipe cookbook
Download our pregnancy recipe cookbook to have every recipe in one easy place.