Pregnancy exercise can improve your experience of pregnancy in many ways. Studies show that exercising mothers:
- Experience less lower back pain1, pregnancy constipation8 and tiredness9.
- Are 30% less likely to develop gestational diabetes2.
- Are less likely to need an unplanned caesarean3,4.
- Experience fewer incidences5 and reduced severity6 of depression.
- Gain less weight during pregnancy4.
- Are less likely to develop urinary incontinence7.
- Have reduced incidents of pregnancy constipation8.
- Experience less tiredness in pregnancy9.
- May have shorter labour1.