Your discussion

You can read the thread below, but to reply you’ll have to login

Back to "Toddler feeding" forum

Growing up milk???

Posted by paigesmom on 20 April 2010 17:40

Hi guys, I have an 10 month baby girl and I'm wondering whether any of you have used the growing up milk as i was thinking of using it when she turns 1? She eats 3 meals of solid food plus snacks a day and has cows milk on her cereals and in cooking, so im wondering if formula would be necessary after 1 year? thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted by louisendave on 6 May 2010 20:53

I think that provided your baby has a fully balanced diet conaining red meat for iron, they are getting all that they need.

Posted by princessna on 24 May 2010 12:10

For us it is a convenience thing, I have fears of giving my son milk that is nto 100% fresh so I find it more convenient to use the formula and think the extra nutrients won't hurt.
Also my husband is vegetarian, I don't eat red meat. My son does get a varied diet - has one chicken/fish/red meat meal a day and another vegetarian one, but red meat it not s huge part of his diet so this way I am sure he gets the iron.

Posted by january on 6 October 2010 11:33

My little girl has it at night before she goes to bed . I just think she gets the best of both with the milk and her food and i know if she is not getting in her food she will get each night with her bottle .I think its great xxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by ANON_19801 on 13 December 2010 22:28

hi there our little toddler is now 20 months she started having formula at 1 yr when i started to wean her off the breast she used to have two 4 oz and one 8oz bottle of growing up milk daily now she gets one 4 oz and an eight oz going to bed. I cook all of her food from scratch and she had a great variety of food she is not fussy at all but i am happy to buy this milk for her as firstly it is designed for toddlers aged between 1 and 3 years and i feel that even tho they may be great eaters the amounts of food they consume are not enough to ensure they are getting a good balance. also its great to know if they are off their food or sick they still getting all they need. I would highly reccommend the growing up milk and can tell you our babe will get it until she is 3 if she still loves it as much!

Post a reply