Understanding your baby’s sleep patterns
1. Sporando BM & Reeb-Sutherland BC. Associations between infant temperament, maternal stress, and infants' sleep across the first year of life. Infant Behav Dev 2015;39:131–135.
2. Tarullo AR, Balsam PD, Fifer WP. Sleep and infant learning. Infant and Child Development 2011. Vol 20(1); 35–46. Available at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/icd.685/abstract Last accessed March 2016
3. Rosen L. Infant sleep and eating. JOGNN 2008;37:706–714.
4. States of Consciousness in Newborns. HealthChildren.Org. Available at: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/Pages/States-of-Consciousness-in-Newborns.aspx Last accessed March 2016
5. Burnham MM, Goodlin-Jones B, Gaylor E et al. Night time sleep-wake patterns and self-soothing from birth to one year of age: a longitudinal intervention study. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2002 Sep; 43(6): 713–725. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1201415/. Last accessed March 2016
6. Infant sleep information source (ISIS). Available at https://www.isisonline.org.uk/sleep_health/sleep_aids/swaddling/; Last accessed March 2016.
7. van Sleuwen BE, Engelberts AC, Boere-Boonekamp M et al. Swaddling: A Systematic Review. Pediatrics. 2007, 120 (4). Available at: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/120/4/e1097 Last accessed March 2016.