Protecting your information
The only personal information we will have is that voluntarily supplied by you. You can change your details, including opt-ins and opt-outs for various services, by visiting your personal account details at aptaclub.co.uk at any time.
Why do we request personal information?
The main reason we ask for, process and store your personal information is to be able to provide you with the services you have requested. These services could include information and updates, or completing questionnaires and competitions.
Aptaclub or our service providers will collect and store your personal information for purposes which may include:
- To directly provide the services you have requested
- Where you have consented, to contact you should we have news to share with you about our products and services
- To enable third parties to process and manage your information to enable us to provide the services you have requested
- For security, administrative, and legal purposes
- To update and enhance the website and the services provided
- Where you have consented, sharing this information within the Danone Group
- Using Aptaclub social media channels
- Information may also be shared with external third parties for marketing analysis (in which case information will only be shared for matching purposes and results will be returned on an anonymous and aggregated basis) or for behavioural targeting (in which case information will only be shared on an anonymous and aggregated basis).
Where the website asks you for personal information, we will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent. Except as set out above, we will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
Social media is an important part of how Aptaclub interacts with you. If you use social media (e.g., by signing onto Aptaclub using your Facebook log-in), we will ask your permission to access your first and last names, and email address, and a Facebook identifier that tells us you're logged on with Facebook. You can link or unlink your Aptaclub account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook), by changing your account settings.
You may opt in to receive marketing communications when you register with the website and you may withdraw that opt-in at any time. Once you have opted in, we will provide the services you have requested by e-mail as requested. Should you wish to opt out of receiving marketing communications, please let us know.
By registering with Aptaclub, you consent to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
All our email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option so you can opt out of further email contact if you so wish.
You have the following rights:
- The right to request us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time and we may ask you to pay the fee permitted by law (currently £10)
- The right to request us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you
Please notify us if you object to the use of your personal information in any of the ways mentioned, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, including about how we collect, store and use personal information.
The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, Aptaclub, White Horse Business Park, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 0XQ.
What information do we collect?
When you access and browse this website (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website), we may collect the following information from you:
- Your name
- Your postcode
- Your e-mail details
- Your baby’s birth date or your expected due date
- Your address
In order to provide you with the services you have requested, or for marketing analysis, Aptaclub (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) will collect the information that you have chosen to give us. We can do this in 2 ways:
- Directly from you using your registration details
- Indirectly from you using information from your visits to this website (see further information below about cookies)
Who else might see my personal information?
We will share your information where required to do so by relevant legislation, or court orders.
Should Aptaclub be acquired by another company, customer information may be deemed a transferable business asset, and as such will transfer to the new owners.
Aptaclub may update this policy at any time, so please check this page regularly to ensure you are kept up–to–date.