Healthy pregnancy recipes
Pregnant women reaching the daily recommended intake of approx. 2000 calories only need around 200 kcals more each day in the third trimester2.
That’s around the same as two slices of wholemeal toast with margarine.
GET THE RECIPE COOKBOOK
Download our pregnancy recipe cookbook to have every recipe in one easy place.Download PDF
BECOME AN APTACLUB MUM
Join over 400,000 expectant and new mums and enjoy:
- Expert advice from midwives and nutritionists
- Emails tailored to your stage of pregnancy
- Exclusive competitions and money off coupons
Join the club
1. Aptaclub survey. June 2018. 1,500 people (1,118 of whom are currently pregnant or have been pregnant).
2. NHS. Do I have to eat for two when pregnant? [Online] 2017 Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/start4life/pregnancy/healthy-eating-pregnancy#food-two [Accessed 21 June 2018].
3. Jennewein MF, Abu-Raya B, Jiang Y et al. Transfer of maternal immunity and programming of the newborn immune system. Semin Immunopathol. 2017; 39(6): 605-613.
4. Chu DM, Meyer KM, Prince AL, et al. Impact of maternal nutrition in pregnancy and lactation on offspring gut microbial composition and function. Gut Microbes. 2016;7(6):459-470.
5. Romano-Keeler J, Weitkamp JH. Maternal influences on fetal microbial colonization and immune development. Pediatric research. 2015;77(0):189-195.